Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack. welcome to my life

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Service Feels GREAT! + a little prayer

Well on Saturday i voulenteered to do service in Surprise. It was cold and early but it was a lot of fun and felt good. Also there were puppies next door. When we first got to the house Brother Welman and i started to dig a hole then Elder Holt joined us. I really enjoyed digging but there were other men so i painted some of the house then went back to digging and i dug another hole with Brother Welman and in thoes two holes the men planted trees. The TRAGETY of the day was i stepped into a mud hole thing and my shoe got stuck and so my foot came out without my shoe and then Ericka, who came with me, thought it was a pipe and covered it up with dirt. So i went around in one shoe for the rest of the time. I am really sad because they were my cool boom box shoes and my only tennis shoes. My dad wants me to wear them but i don't think i will.
Well last night i went to mutual and we made prayer rocks, and today i saw it and i said a pretty long prayer and i cried, which means i fely the spirit. I am so happy. It is one of my goals to try to do personal prayers more often than never this year and on.

3 comments:

Christine said...

That's a great goal Rach! It's one of my goals this year too. I always struggle with remembering to pray revrently on my knees cause I'm running around like a chicken without it's head everyday. A prayer rock sounds like a great idea, maybe I should make one of those :-)

Rachel Hess said...

i have a prayer rock, and even thogh it hurts on the outside, it helps strengthen the inside!
haha

-rach johnston was here and wrote this
lol

Anonymous said...

thats my goal too!